TEMS News December 1, 2022

From: "TEMS Listserv" <coulling@PROTECTED>
Subject: TEMS News December 1, 2022
Date: December 1st 2022

Response masthead

News from the Tidewater EMS Council, December 1, 2022

Meetings and Events

We have moved back to in-person meetings with limited virtual options.
Please contact the office if you need information on these meetings/events.

OMD Committee - Tue Dec 06 @12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Contact Valerie Vagts for more information

MOC Committee - Wed Dec 14 @12:00 pm - 2:00 pm Contact Valerie Vagts for more information

Education and Training Committee Meeting - Wed Dec 21 @ 9:30 am - 11:30 am Contact Valerie Vagts for more information

TEMS Quarterly Drug/IV Box Inventory - Dec 21 By 4:30 pm Contact David Coulling for more information

QTEE Free CEUs - Quarterly CEUs Thur, Jan 26, 2023 click here for more info

TEMS Meeting and Event Calendar

EMS and Preparedness Education

 Save the Date EMS Expo May 16-21, 2023

Quarterly Training - Thur, Jan 26, 2023 9 am - 5 pm click here for more info

  • Session #1 Mike McMahon (TEMS) (9:00-10:30) - "Public Health Microbiology" The participants will leave with a better understanding of infectious diseases EMS is most likely to encounter. Medical (BLS14/ALS19).
  • Session #2 Alan Perry (CFD) (10:45- 11:45) - "Cardiac Arrest Treatment, Documentation and Data Anyalysis" This class will discuss how and why good data collection and PI tactics are applied to rapidly changing practices, devices and where we are headed next. Cardiac (BLS12/ALS17).
  • Session #3 Elizabeth Beatty (VBEMS) (13:00-15:00) - "Burn Management" The participants will gain an understanding about the importance of managing burns using tips, tricks and tools of the trade. Trauma (BLS13/ALS18).
  • Session #4 Mindy Seigh, BSN, RN CCTC (SNGH) (15:15-17:00) - "LVAD Training" This class will add tips and techniques to an EMS provider's toolbox for managing and identifying left ventricular assist devices. Cardiac(BLS12/ALS17).

EMS Personnel: Watch and Share New Video to Rapidly Identify Pediatric Sepsis More info

National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, Office of EMS - Future of Evidence-Based Guidelines in EMS (Emergency Medical Services): Revising the EMS Education Standards - More info

NFA Online Self Study Course - Fire and EMS Supervisors (https://goo.gl/Q5HtJ9)

ICS 300 and 400 Courses at TEMS. More info on our training calendar on each course date. Free, sponsored by Hampton Roads MMRS. Must register, prerequisites apply.

ICS 300 Dates

  • Feb. 21-23, 2023

  • June 27-29, 2023

  • Oct. 24-26, 2023

ICS 400 Dates

  • Mar. 29-30, 2023

  • Aug. 30-31, 2023

  • Nov. 29-30, 2023

BLS, ACLS, PALS and ATLS Courses at EVMS. $ https://sim.evms.edu (find a course in the Course Catalog).

BLS, ACLS, PALS, TCCC and other courses at Cardiac Concepts. $ https://www.cardiacconceptsllc.com/

Eastern Shore EMS CE Schedule

Virginia Beach EMS CE Info

TEMS Training Calendar

Search for EMS classes statewide

Consolidated EMS Test Sites (TEMS and PEMS)

All Regional CTS Testing has been canceled

Local & Regional EMS News

2022 Tidewater Healthcare Education Expo Save the Date - More info

TEMS / OEMS Request for Photos - More info

Virginia EMS News

"Make the Call" Mental Health and Wellness Campaign media toolkit - More info

2020 Governor's EMS Award Winners - More info

Award Winner's Bios - More info

2020 Governor's EMS Awards Virtual Presentation

Virginia Office of EMS Bulletin - Summer 2018 Editionhttps://goo.gl/Yj1wHS

National EMS News

FEMS PrepTalk: Kate Konschnik's “Left in the Dark: Power Outages in an Interconnected World” - More info

FEMS PrepTalk: ‘Let the Community Lead: Rethinking Command and Control Systems’ - More info

FEMS PrepTalk: Jan Peelen’s “Living with Water: How the Netherlands Prevents Flood Disasters” More info

FEMS PrepTalk: David Kaufman’s “Our Changing World: The Challenge for Emergency Managers” More info

FEMS PrepTalk: Stuart Tom’s “Using Codes and Standards to Build Resilient Communities” More info

FEMA Preptalk: Daniel Homsey’s "Neighborfest – Building Resilience from the Block Up!" More info

FEMA Preptalk: Brian Fennessy's Building a Mission-Driven Culture More info

FEMA Preptalk: Philip R. Mann's Restoring Lifeline Services More info

FEMA Preptalk: Dr. Sheri Fink’s PrepTalk More info

FEMA Preptalk: Vance Taylor’s “WE SUCCEED OR FAIL TOGETHER!”

Medicare Reimbursement for Treat no Transport and Alternative Destinations - More Info

HHS seeks public input on improving care coordination and reducing the regulatory burdens of the HIPAA Rules - More info

FEMA Releases 2018 National Preparedness Report More info

Drug/Opioid- Overdose Deaths — US, 2013–2017 - More info

Opioid Stats Update - More info

Email and SMS Weather Alert Services - More info

What’s in the Opioid Bill?https://goo.gl/7Agqwm

Disaster Health Core Curriculum - Free, 8-hour online course

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) - Fentanyl Safety Video for First Responders from  - https://goo.gl/jUVF8P

EMS Job Listings

EMS Jobs in VA Website - www.vaemsjobs.com

Northampton County Director of Emergency Medical Services: More info

Midwest Medical - (757) 209-4696 www.midwest-med.com/join-the-team/

Is your agency willing to be a 2023 partner of TEMS? More info

2022 Partners

 Platinum Partner

Gold Partner

Silver Partner

Subscribe or Unsubscribe

 Tidewater EMS Council, 1104 Madison Plaza, Chesapeake, VA  23320

757 963-0632 Toll-Free 844-757-TEMS (8367)