WVEMS e-NEWSLETTER - August 8, 2024

From: "WVEMS Newsletter" <cchristensen@PROTECTED>
Subject: WVEMS e-NEWSLETTER - August 8, 2024
Date: August 8th 2024

WVEMS e-NEWSLETTER – August 8, 2024

WVEMS Medication Kit Town Hall

Western Virginia EMS Council will host a Town Hall on Wednesday, August 28, 2024, at 18:00 with WVEMS EMS Agency Leadership and EMS Agency Physicians. This event will be held virtually to discuss the path forward of the Regional Medication Exchange Kit Program. We kindly ask that agencies have no more than 2 representatives attend to ensure that there is ample space for all our agencies and physicians to attend due to capacity limits of meeting platform.

Advanced EMT Course Announced for New River Valley – DEADLINE EXTENDED TO AUGUST 26th

WVEMS will offer an AEMT course at its New River Valley Training Center beginning September 9, 2024. The course will run through April 30, 2025. Application deadline is August 26, 2024. Application is attached!

Fall 2024 RSAF Cycle Now Open

The Virginia Office of EMS has announced that the Fall 2024 cycle of the Rescue Squad Assistance Fund is open and accepting applications. Deadline for RSAF Grant Submission is September 16, 2024, at 5pm. WVEMS encourages regional review of any RSAF Grant prior to submission.

More information can be found here: RSAF Webpage

EMT Course Announced for Montgomery County

WVEMS will offer an EMT course in Montgomery County at Riner Volunteer Rescue Squad beginning September 3, 2024. The course will run through November 21, 2024. Flyer is attached!

Southwest Virginia Healthcare Coalition is Hiring

Southwest Virginia Healthcare Coalition is hiring for multiple positions. SVHC is a subsidiary of WVEMS.

-Medically Vulnerability Coordinator

-Regional Healthcare Coordination Center Manager (RHCC Manager)

-Healthcare Readiness Coordinator

-Part-Time Duty Officer

Click here for more information: SVHC is Hiring!

American Heart Association – Training Site

WVEMS has been an American Heart Association Training Site for two years. We can offer courses available by the American Heart Association. Please contact Daryll Perry with any questions about AHA!

National Ketamine Shortage

There is currently a national shortage of Ketamine. There will be no substitute during the shortage. Should pharmacies be unable to replace, the box will be marked that there is no Ketamine due to shortage. WVEMS remains in contact with pharmacies and will update agencies as more information becomes available.

Western Virginia EMS Council
1944 Peters Creek Road NW
Roanoke VA 24017-1613

tel 540.562.3482
fax 540.562.3488

www.wvems.org
To unsubscribe from this mailing list, please click here

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Western Virginia EMS Newsletter

Privacy Policy:

This Privacy Policy is for this mailing list, and this mailing list only. Email addresses collected through this mailing list are used explicitly for distribution of a newsletter from Western Virginia EMS Council.

We only collect email addresses through our Closed-Loop Opt-In system. We don't use your email address for any other purpose. We won't be sharing your email address with any other entity.

Unsubscription can be done at any time. All mailing list messages sent from us will include a subscription removal link, which will allow you to remove yourself from this mailing list automatically, and permanently. All consent to use your email address for any other purpose stated at the time of the mailing list subscription will also be revoked upon mailing list removal.