2024 Tidewater Healthcare Expo - Hazmat Course offerings

From: "TEMS Listserv" <tidewater@PROTECTED>
Subject: 2024 Tidewater Healthcare Expo - Hazmat Course offerings
Date: April 8th 2024

Good morning Tidewater Regional Partners,

This year’s Tidewater Healthcare Expo is offering two hazmat courses at no cost:

2024-05-15 (Wednesday) 08:30 12:30 Chemical Burns & Toxic Products of Combustion Course Trauma (BLS 13/ALS 18) TBD Riverside F

2024-05-15 (Wednesday) 13:30 17:30 Radiological Incidents & Terrorism Trauma (BLS 13/ALS 18) TBD Riverside F

AHLS for Chemical Burns & Toxic Products of Combustion Course is a 4-hour course, derived from the AHLS Provider course. The specialized course teaches healthcare professionals to medically manage chemical burns and toxic inhalation injuries, including carbon monoxide and cyanide poisoning.

  • Recognize that inhalation is the most common route of exposure at hazmat incidents
  • List the routes of exposure for acids, bases, oxidizers, and white phosphorus
  • Describe characteristic signs and symptoms of poisoning by hydrofluoric acid
  • Recite the Poisoning Treatment Paradigm™ for asphyxiant poisonings

AHLS for Radiological Incidents & Terrorism Course is a 4-hour course that trains healthcare professionals to medically manage patients with acute radiation syndrome and internal contamination with radionuclides.

  • Describe the basics of radiation physics
  • List different types of radiation detection equipment
  • Discuss the evaluation and management of patients contaminated with radioactive materials
  • Discuss the evaluation and management of patients exposed to ionizing radiation

Thanks, David

David Long
Performance Improvement and Education Coordinator

E-mail: dlong@PROTECTED

Office: 757-963-0632 x304 I Cell: 757-739-6035

Toll Free: 844-757-TEMS (8367) I Fax: 757-963-2325

Tidewater EMS Council, Inc.

1104 Madison Plaza, Ste 101, Chesapeake, VA 23320

www.TidewaterEMS.org

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Tidewater EMS Council's Listserv

Privacy Policy:

This Privacy Policy is for this mailing list, and this mailing list only. Email addresses collected through this mailing list are used explicitly for the distribution of news from the Tidewater EMS Council.

We only collect email addresses through our Closed-Loop Opt-In system. We don't use your email address for any other purpose. We won't be sharing your email address with any other entity.

Unsubscription can be done at any time. All mailing list messages sent from us will include a subscription removal link, which will allow you to remove yourself from this mailing list automatically, and permanently. All consent to use your email address for any other purpose stated at the time of the mailing list subscription will also be revoked upon mailing list removal.