Nov 9 Mini-Symposium Updates

From: "TEMS Listserv" <tidewater@PROTECTED>
Subject: Nov 9 Mini-Symposium Updates
Date: October 19th 2023

PRESENTS…

All Day CEU Classes

Date: Thursday, November 9, 2023

Location: Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital HEC Building Open to: All providers in the Tidewater EMS Region

Signups: Virginia Beach EMS/VB Rescue and Virginia Beach Fire Sign Up in Vector; All other providers sign up by emailing EMSTrain@PROTECTED and provide Name/Agency/Email/Phone

Course Schedule:

8:00am – 9:00am Toxicology in EMS (Dr. Lang) 9:00am – 10:00am OB Emergencies (Dr. Hendley) 10:00am – 11:00am Trauma Surgeon from VBGH TBD 11:00am – 12:00pm Blast Injuries (Dr. Woolum)

LUNCH provided by Sentara Virginia Beach General Hospital 1:00pm – 2:00pm Electrical Injuries (Dr. Lang)

2:00pm – 3:00pm Can’t Miss ECGs (Dr. Blackwood) 3:00pm – 4:00pm Tachy/Brady Arrhythmias (Dr. Fox) 4:00pm – 5:00pm Chest Trauma (Dr. Eichman)

Hands-on Rotating Stations throughout the day:

-   CPR hi fidelity - Will be rotating physicians with Lang/Hendley/Eichman - This will start running at 0900, depending on numbers signing up, will determine class size and will run concurrently with lectures, changing every hour

-   US guided IV access - Michael Smith/Ultrasound fellow - will have same plan as CPR (rotating every hour)

VBEMS Training will provide equipment for hands-on rotating stations and continuing education credits.

VBEMS Training will provide equipment for hands-on rotating stations and continuing education credits.

Please let me know if you need any additional information.

Matthew A. Owens

EMERGENCY MEDICAL SERVICES | VB RESCUE

Brigade Chief, Training Center

O: 757-385-2831  |  C: 757-419-1286

MATOwens@PROTECTED

www.VBEMS.com

Bruce W. Edwards EMS HQ & Training Center

4160 Virginia Beach Blvd.  |  Virginia Beach, VA 23452

  • This mailing list is announce-only.

Tidewater EMS Council's Listserv

Privacy Policy:

This Privacy Policy is for this mailing list, and this mailing list only. Email addresses collected through this mailing list are used explicitly for the distribution of news from the Tidewater EMS Council.

We only collect email addresses through our Closed-Loop Opt-In system. We don't use your email address for any other purpose. We won't be sharing your email address with any other entity.

Unsubscription can be done at any time. All mailing list messages sent from us will include a subscription removal link, which will allow you to remove yourself from this mailing list automatically, and permanently. All consent to use your email address for any other purpose stated at the time of the mailing list subscription will also be revoked upon mailing list removal.